Information about current Opportunities – including jobs, residencies, exhibitions and competitions.
CABN sends out a weekly e-bulletin with a range of opportunities offered by both CABN, and other organisations. Make sure you sign up – contact Kay.McCluskey@liveborders1.org.uk to be added to the CABN mailing list.
We recommend that you sign up to the Creative Scotland News and Opportunities bulletins. You can filter feeds by specialist artform areas or for by example jobs, residencies etc.
Artists in the Scottish Borders are invited to submit CVs, proposals and examples of their work for possible inclusion in future exhibitions to be held in the following art galleries managed by Live Borders: The Scott Gallery, Hawick Museum; The Robson Gallery, Halliwell's House Museum, Selkirk; The Christopher Boyd Gallery, Old Gala House, Galashiels & The Gallery, Tweeddale Museum, Peebles.
For all enquiries please contact:
Museums and Galleries Manager
Live Borders Museums and Galleries Service, Municipal Buildings, High Street, Selkirk TD7 4JX
Tel: 01750 726456
This is an ongoing opportunity with no set deadlines.
VisitScotland is dedicated to showcasing local suppliers and, as part of VisitScotland’s new retail strategy, they have developed a Shop Local initiative. VisitScotland’s Shop Local model offers the opportunity for local businesses (craft makers, artists, designers etc.) to promote and sell their products to visitors via the VisitScotland iCentre network on a commission basis agreement.
VisitScotland Shop Local criteria
- Shop Local products must be made in Scotland and showcase, high quality, local artisans e.g. jewellers, ceramics, pottery, crafts etc.
- Shop Local suppliers will be offered the opportunity to retail their products through the VIC network on a 3 month rotation period and a commission basis agreement.
- Shop Local suppliers must embrace the Spirit of Scotland and embody the essence and value of the VisitScotland brand.
- Shop Local suppliers must be willing to provide a short promotional blurb (approx 50 words) detailing the provenance of their product, company logo and images for Shop Local POS.
- The supplier agrees to consider wider VisitScotland activities, such as, Shop Local media activity, VisitScotland themed year opportunities and Meet the Maker type events.
- The supplier is encouraged to promote VisitScotland’s Shop Local through their own website and social media channels.
- The supplier is encouraged to engage and promote VisitScotland campaigns through the use of #ScotSpirit and #HHA2017.
- Shop Local suppliers must adhere to the Shop Local terms and conditions as detailed in the supplier agreement.
For more information please email email@example.com.
Applications are now being taken from artists and galleries to exhibit at The Borders Art Fair 2018. The event is expected to bring in over 5000 visitors from the Borders and beyond giving artists a unique opportunity to build contacts, network, sell, and share practice. Organisers welcome galleries and visual artists, working in any media, to apply.
The organisers are also looking for artists to lead workshops and do demonstrations at the event, so please get in touch if this would be of interest.
Deadline for applications is 20 October 2017
Dates for the event are 15 – 18 March 2018