con-TEXT Image Gallery
To read more about the con-TEXT Artist/Designer Residencies, click the box below.
con-TEXT Artist/Designer Residencies
Heriot Watt University School of Textiles and Design, Galashiels
con-TEXT offered six artists and designers from the Scottish Borders and Dumfries & Galloway opportunities to expand their ideas, explore technology and develop innovative products through residencies at Heriot Watt University's School of Textiles and Design. The initiative was funded through Creative Scotland's ambitious ‘Creative Futures’ programme and led by CABN (Creative Arts Business Network).
6 artists/designers from the South of Scotland were selected to take up residencies at Heriot Watt University, accessing facilities and expertise over a 3 month period to develop new work. They were:
- Mirjam van Beek: screen printed textiles for interiors
- Liz Douglas: visual artist exploring her practice through laser cutting
- Alice Francis: wearable image projection for one-person cinema
- Lisa Gallacher: digital print and imagery for new clothing range
- Naomi Lethbridge: visual artist exploring ‘line’ and grids through weave
- Sarah Taylor: designer of woven fibre optics for lighting products