How Music Works 2
Project Date: 4 December 2014 –
How Music Works 2 took place on Friday 5 December 2014 and followed on from the How Music Works event in Hawick in 2013.
The event was put together by CABN Music Advocate, James Mackintosh and was aimed at all Borders musicians, from folk to classical, jazz to rock and all points in between – composers, performers, teachers and students, instrument makers and promoters. It was a free informal event which covered various topics relevant to music professionals, great speakers, discussion, music and exchange.
How Music Works 2 took place at MacArts in Galashiels which at the time was a developing venue for music, performance and arts and was developed in partnership with Business Gateway.
- DIY Labels/Recording
- Funding and support for the music sector, Crowdfunding and sponsorship
- Sustaining a career in music in the post analogue age
- Update on Youth Music in the Borders
- Simon Thoumire – Hands up for Trad
- Tom Bancroft – Musician, Drummer, Managing Director at ABC Creative Music
- Heather MacLeod – Leod Music, Stoneyport Associates, Bevvy Sisters, Loveboat Big Band
- Duncan McCrone – MCPS
- Mike Small – Shark Batter Records
- Ian Smith – Music and IP Development at Creative Scotland
- Lisa Denham – Arts Development Manager, Scottish Borders Council
- James Mackintosh – CABN Music Advocate
Information on all the speakers is available here.
There was also the chance to stay on to see the Bevvy Sisters (including event speaker Heather MacLeod) perform after the event!
Feedback from the day:
I appreciated hearing from diverse well chosen presenters and have gained a better understanding of rights…and gained insight from the particular and relevant experience of each of the presenters
good opportunities to network, meet old contacts and make new ones
I would be glad to attend future events of this kind